Blood Mountain, the next picture from Mongol director Sergei Bodrov, has attached Sherlock‘s Benedict Cumberbatch to star in the tale of a private military contractor whose Special Forces team is ambushed and killed during a covert raid, forcing him to personally escort one of the world’s most wanted terrorists over hostile terrain in order to bring him to justice. Project was written by Jonathan W. Stokes with revisions by John Romano. Lawrence Bender, Nicola Horlick and James Gibb will produce. Shaun Redick is exec producing alongside Rachel Green of Derby Street Films and Brooklyn Weaver (Out Of The Furnace, upcoming Run All Night) of Energy Entertainment. Silver Reel will finance the film, with executives Claudia Bluemhuber and Ian Hutchinson also serving as executive producers on the project. Skady Lis of Germany’s Getaway Pictures will serve as a co-producer. Getaway will handle the European co-production of the film with the UK and the U.S. Principal photography is slated to begin in April in Morocco. Altitude Film Sales will rep international rights in Berlin next month. UTA Independent Film Group reps North American.
EFM: Benedict Cumberbatch To Climb Sergei Bodrov’s ‘Blood Mountain’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”…
- Four Studios Bidding On ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn’s Short Story ‘The Grownup’: Hot Package…
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine