Re/Code is the new website for former AllThingsD co-executive editors Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg, who in September split with their old employer the Wall Street Journal effective at the end of 2013. The site is part of their reported tie-up with NBCUniversal that includes a third investor taking a one-third stake in the tech site and conference venture, which Bloomberg had valued at $25M-$35M. There’s not much to report yet about Re/Code, other than a note on its homepage that will go live at midnight ET on January 2. A Twitter feed already has 11,000+ followers. As for WSJ, its tech-happy readers who made AllThingsD a success will be served by WSJD, a site and conferences venture announced today that includes a flagship WSJ.D Conference 2014 in October in Laguna Beach, CA.
AllThingsD Founders Announce New Site: Re/Code
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot