Re/Code is the new website for former AllThingsD co-executive editors Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg, who in September split with their old employer the Wall Street Journal effective at the end of 2013. The site is part of their reported tie-up with NBCUniversal that includes a third investor taking a one-third stake in the tech site and conference venture, which Bloomberg had valued at $25M-$35M. There’s not much to report yet about Re/Code, other than a note on its homepage that will go live at midnight ET on January 2. A Twitter feed already has 11,000+ followers. As for WSJ, its tech-happy readers who made AllThingsD a success will be served by WSJD, a site and conferences venture announced today that includes a flagship WSJ.D Conference 2014 in October in Laguna Beach, CA.
AllThingsD Founders Announce New Site: Re/Code
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video