Re/Code is the new website for former AllThingsD co-executive editors Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg, who in September split with their old employer the Wall Street Journal effective at the end of 2013. The site is part of their reported tie-up with NBCUniversal that includes a third investor taking a one-third stake in the tech site and conference venture, which Bloomberg had valued at $25M-$35M. There’s not much to report yet about Re/Code, other than a note on its homepage that will go live at midnight ET on January 2. A Twitter feed already has 11,000+ followers. As for WSJ, its tech-happy readers who made AllThingsD a success will be served by WSJD, a site and conferences venture announced today that includes a flagship WSJ.D Conference 2014 in October in Laguna Beach, CA.
AllThingsD Founders Announce New Site: Re/Code
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company