After a 21-year run on NBC‘s Days of Our Lives, actress Alison Sweeney is departing the soap, she announced on Ellen. She’s played the role of Samantha “Sami” Brady (at times Sami Brady Reed, Walker, Roberts, DiMera and Hernandez) since joining the show in 1993 at age 16 and played the scheming character from teenager to adult. During her two decades on the soap Sweeney won five Soap Opera Digest awards and a Daytime Emmy for the role, becoming one of Days‘ best-loved villains. In 2007 Sweeney also took over as host on NBC’s The Biggest Loser. ‘I’m celebrating my 21st year, and I decided it’s going to be my last year on the show,” she told Ellen DeGeneres, saying she hopes for Sami to have a “twisted Breaking Bad ending.”
Alison Sweeney To Leave ‘Days Of Our Lives’ After 21-Year Run
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'