After a 21-year run on NBC‘s Days of Our Lives, actress Alison Sweeney is departing the soap, she announced on Ellen. She’s played the role of Samantha “Sami” Brady (at times Sami Brady Reed, Walker, Roberts, DiMera and Hernandez) since joining the show in 1993 at age 16 and played the scheming character from teenager to adult. During her two decades on the soap Sweeney won five Soap Opera Digest awards and a Daytime Emmy for the role, becoming one of Days‘ best-loved villains. In 2007 Sweeney also took over as host on NBC’s The Biggest Loser. ‘I’m celebrating my 21st year, and I decided it’s going to be my last year on the show,” she told Ellen DeGeneres, saying she hopes for Sami to have a “twisted Breaking Bad ending.”
Alison Sweeney To Leave ‘Days Of Our Lives’ After 21-Year Run
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'