EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has announced a third season for original animated comedy series China, IL. The series revolves around the crazy happenings and characters at the University of China, IL, the worst college in America. After expanding from its original 15-minute episodes to half hour episodes, Adult Swim says its second season outperformed its premiere season by double digits across all key demos. Series follows the antics of Steve and Frank Smith, who teach in the history department, their TA Pony Merks, a lovable idiot named Baby Cakes, along with a host of students and professors. Created by Brad Neely, China, IL is executive produced by Neely and Daniel Weidenfeld, and produced by Titmouse, Inc.
Adult Swim Re-Ups ‘China, IL’ For Season 3
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer