The total for the Oscar-nominated documentary is three times bigger than the audience it has reached on YouTube, BitTorrent says in a blog post. The firm launched its bundle on December 31, in collaboration with Drafthouse Films. The Act Of Killing profiles the death squad leaders who committed mass murders in Indonesia in the 1960s. Some re-enact their murders for the camera, which leads at least one to start to come to terms with the severity of the crimes. In addition to the film, the BitTorrent package includes interviews, essays, and stills from director Joshua Oppenheimer, and executive producers Werner Herzog and Errol Morris as well as TEMPO Magazine‘s account of the film’s impact on Indonesia. Drafthouse plans to return the film to theaters on February 7.
‘Act Of Killing’ Passes 3.5M Downloads On BitTorrent
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards: What Does The Big ‘Revenant’ Victory Mean For Oscar?
- ‘The Big Short’ “Go Big” TV Spot: Oscar Campaign Ad Focuses On Film’s Political Mission
- BAFTA Awards: ‘The Revenant’ Tops Night With Best Film Win; Much Love For ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
- First Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Sci-Tech Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog