The total for the Oscar-nominated documentary is three times bigger than the audience it has reached on YouTube, BitTorrent says in a blog post. The firm launched its bundle on December 31, in collaboration with Drafthouse Films. The Act Of Killing profiles the death squad leaders who committed mass murders in Indonesia in the 1960s. Some re-enact their murders for the camera, which leads at least one to start to come to terms with the severity of the crimes. In addition to the film, the BitTorrent package includes interviews, essays, and stills from director Joshua Oppenheimer, and executive producers Werner Herzog and Errol Morris as well as TEMPO Magazine‘s account of the film’s impact on Indonesia. Drafthouse plans to return the film to theaters on February 7.
‘Act Of Killing’ Passes 3.5M Downloads On BitTorrent
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE