Looking to build on the success of its TNT drama Falling Skies, Amblin TV is teeing off another alien drama, which just received a pilot order at ABC. Titled The Visitors, the project is based on a Ray Bradbury short story called Zero Hour. Amblin TV is co-producing with Dawn Olmstead’s Grady Girl. Olmstead found the short story and brought it to Amblin TV, which developed it with writer Soo Hugh, who has worked on Amblin’s The River and Under The Dome. The Visitors chronicles the race against the clock to defeat an unseen alien enemy out to destroy the world using our most precious resource against us. ABC Studios is producing. Olmstead and Hugh are exec producing along with Amblin’s Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey and Steven Spielberg. Olmstead, who was just named head of development for Universal Cable Productions, has two other pilots: Bravo’s Girlfriend’s Guide To Divorce and Lifetime’s The Lottery. Amblin TV recently received a series order at Fox for Red Band Society and has Ed Burns’ TNT pilot Public Morals.
ABC Picks Up Alien Drama Pilot ‘The Visitors’ From Amblin TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?