Johnny Depp stars as an artificial intelligence researcher who uploads his consciousness into the digital ether when his body dies in Transcendence, the directorial debut of celebrated Christopher Nolan DP Wally Pfister. Consider it a companion pic of sorts to Spike Jonze’s kinder, gentler Her, with a touch of Lawnmower Man-esque menace. Rebecca Hall, Paul Bettany, Kate Mara, and Morgan Freeman co-star in the sci-fi thriller written by Jack Paglen, who made the Black List with his script. Nolan and Emma Thomas are exec producers. Warner Bros. releases Transcendence April 17, 2014. Take a look:
Hot Trailer: Johnny Depp In Wally Pfister’s ‘Transcendence’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Yamato
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking
- Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of 'Frozen River' Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search – Update