In this video, directors Joel and Ethan Coen explain how their collaboration with T Bone Burnett created a musical sound that was as important as dialogue in capturing the early ’60s folk music scene in Inside Llewyn Davis. Here, they explain how they and Oscar Isaac pulled it off in the CBS Films release. I had the opportunity to moderate a panel in Deadline’s Contenders Event last month. After Burnett and Isaac got done explaining the keys to recreating the sound of an emerging musical movement, Isaac got up with his six string and memorably performed Green, Green Rocky Road, a song from the film. It was certainly a highlight of an event full of them.
Hot Oscar Video: The Sound Of ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 ExpertsOdds1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Arrival10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- John Waters Strikes A Blow For The Not-Normal – And For The Union: WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete…