Elijah Wood stars as a concert pianist coerced into giving the performance of his life by an unseen sniper in Grand Piano, from Spanish director Eugenio Mira. Mira’s English language debut is written by Damien Chazelle (Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench) and also stars John Cusack and Kerry Bishé. Mira is an accomplished composer himself, having scored his own films Agnosia and The Birthday as well as 2007’s Timecrimes from fellow Spaniard Nacho Vigalondo. (Wood also stars in Vigalondo’s forthcoming first English-language film, Open Windows.) Magnet Releasing snapped up rights to the thriller in September when it premiered at Austin’s Fantastic Fest, and has set a March 7 release following a January 30 VOD debut. Watch the trailer:
Hot Trailer: Elijah Wood In ‘Grand Piano’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'