Elijah Wood stars as a concert pianist coerced into giving the performance of his life by an unseen sniper in Grand Piano, from Spanish director Eugenio Mira. Mira’s English language debut is written by Damien Chazelle (Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench) and also stars John Cusack and Kerry Bishé. Mira is an accomplished composer himself, having scored his own films Agnosia and The Birthday as well as 2007’s Timecrimes from fellow Spaniard Nacho Vigalondo. (Wood also stars in Vigalondo’s forthcoming first English-language film, Open Windows.) Magnet Releasing snapped up rights to the thriller in September when it premiered at Austin’s Fantastic Fest, and has set a March 7 release following a January 30 VOD debut. Watch the trailer:
Hot Trailer: Elijah Wood In ‘Grand Piano’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'