Elijah Wood stars as a concert pianist coerced into giving the performance of his life by an unseen sniper in Grand Piano, from Spanish director Eugenio Mira. Mira’s English language debut is written by Damien Chazelle (Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench) and also stars John Cusack and Kerry Bishé. Mira is an accomplished composer himself, having scored his own films Agnosia and The Birthday as well as 2007’s Timecrimes from fellow Spaniard Nacho Vigalondo. (Wood also stars in Vigalondo’s forthcoming first English-language film, Open Windows.) Magnet Releasing snapped up rights to the thriller in September when it premiered at Austin’s Fantastic Fest, and has set a March 7 release following a January 30 VOD debut. Watch the trailer:
Hot Trailer: Elijah Wood In ‘Grand Piano’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong Un' Targets Christmas Shoppers: 'Weekend Update'
- Mike Myers' Dr. Evil Advises Sony, Kim Jong Un On 'SNL'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists