TBS successfully paired a reality series, game show King Of The Nerds, with its prized off-network comedy The Big Bang Theory. USA Network is looking to do the same with its marquee off-network comedy, Modern Family. The cable network has given an eight-episode order to Chrisley Knows Best (working title), a half-hour original reality series. Described as a real-life family comedy, it follows Atlanta-based self-made multimillionaire Todd Chrisley, his devoted wife Julie, and their five children who live a seemingly picture-perfect Southern life with everything money can buy. (Watch a promo below.) The series, produced by Maverick TV and All3Media America, is slated to premiere with two back-to-back episodes on Tuesday, March 11 at 10 PM, immediately following Modern Family. In a synergy move, USA sibling E! will air repeats of each episodes on Sundays at 10:30 beginning March 16. “Chrisley Knows Best is a broad family comedy that is a modern version of Father Knows Best with the volume turned way up,” said Heather Olander, SVP, alternative programming for USA Network. “While their lifestyle is over-the-top and their personalities are larger-than-life, the Chrisleys are a very close-knit family who are refreshingly honest and genuinely funny.” The series is executive produced by Adam Greener, Jim Sayer, and Stephanie Chambers.
USA Greenlights Reality Family Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Hillary Clinton Beat Donald Trump At Debate; Hell Has Frozen Over
- ‘I Love Dick’, ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ & ‘The Tick’ Picked Up To Series By Amazon
- NBCUni CEO Steve Burke Applauds Presidential Debate Moderator Lester Holt
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now