Twitter‘s co-founder, who’s also CEO of Square Inc, joins immediately and will stand for election at the March 18 annual meeting. He seems to be filling a Silicon Valley seat on the board: Disney notes that JLABS CEO Judith Estrin — a former Chief Technology Officer for Cisco Systems — will not be on the ballot. She joined the Disney board in 1998, and the company’s corporate governance guidelines limit directors’ tenure to 15 years. “Jack Dorsey is a talented entrepreneur who has helped create groundbreaking new businesses in the social media and commerce spaces,” Disney CEO Bob Iger says. The entertainment giant’s strategic priorities “include utilizing the latest technologies and platforms to reach more people and to enhance the relationship we have with our customers.” A fun fact for trivia fans: On March 21, 2006, Dorsey posted Twitter’s first tweet, which was, “just setting up my twttr.” He was Twitter CEO until 2008, when he became chairman. The following year he co-founded Square, which develops digital payments processes including an iPad point-of-sale system, and an application that enables consumers to use their mobile devices to pay for goods and services.
Twitter Chairman Jack Dorsey Joins Disney Board
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Business News
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Will Hollywood’s Flood Of Franchises Beat ‘Star Wars’-Fueled 2015 Toy Sales?
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Obamageddon Is In Effect As POTUS Arrives In L.A. For ‘Ellen’ & Fundraisers – Update