Things are starting to move quickly at Syfy. In one of the fastest turnarounds at the cable network — known for its lengthy, laborious decision-making process — Dominion has been picked up to series a mere four months after it was greenlighted to pilot. The series, from Universal Cable Prods. and Bold Films, will be filmed in Cape Town, South Africa for a 2014 premiere. “Dominion will continue Syfy’s new strategy to commission stand-out genre series that deliver the high-stakes, sci-fi/fantasy experience our audience demands and embraces,” said Syfy president Dave Howe. Based on characters from the 2010 feature Legion, Dominion is an epic supernatural drama set in the year 25 A.E. when an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, has waged a war of possession against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, has chosen to side with humanity against Gabriel. Rising out of the ashes of the 25-year-long battle are newly fortified cities which protect the human survivors. Dominion stars Christopher Egan, Tom Wisdom, Roxanne McKee, Alan Dale, Anthony Stewart Head and Luke Allen-Gale. Scott Stewart, who co-wrote and directed Legion, directed the pilot and executive produces with the film’s producers Michel Litvak and David Lancaster of Bold Films and the pilot’s writer Vaun Wilmott. Film Afrika serves as the local production entity in South Africa.
Syfy Picks Up ‘Legion’ Adaptation ‘Dominion’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Scandal’ POTUS Tony Goldwyn Gives American History Lesson In DNC Video
- ‘Victoria’ Producers & Cast Talk Story, Long-Term Potential & Filling That ‘Downton Abbey’ Slot…
- ‘Empire’ & Fox Beat $10M Copyright Suit From “Gangsta Pimp”s Memoir & Script
- ‘Disjointed’: Dougie Baldwin Cast In Netflix Pot Comedy Series From Chuck Lorre