Even Darth Vader is now snapping selfies. The official Star Wars site tweeted last night that it has joined the Instagram bandwagon. Saying “It is useless to resist,” the tweet urged fans to follow the account (72,000+ already are). Lucasfilm has set up its production offices for Star Wars: Episode VII at the UK’s Pinewood where it will start shooting next year for a December 18, 2015 release. The production unveiled its first photo last month and confirmed that R2-D2 will be in the new movie. Does the one below mean that Darth Vader is the next character from the previous Star Wars films that will appear (resurrected? in flashback?)? Here’s the erstwhile Anakin Skywalker taking the first Instagram snap:
‘Star Wars: Episode VII': Darth Vader Selfie Inaugurates Official Instagram Page
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates