The Society of Camera Operators has announced the recipients of its Lifetime Achievement Awards for 2014. The Camera Operator Award goes to Chris Haarhoff, whose credits include Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club and Almost Famous. Other honorees are William Coe (Jersey Boys, The Avengers, J. Edgar), Lifetime Achievement as Camera Technician; Barry Wetcher (GoodFellas, Quiz Show, Sherlock Holmes), Lifetime Achievement as Still Photographer; and Jack Carpenter of Carpenter Camera Cars (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Crash, The Matrix Reloaded), Lifetime Achievement as Mobile Camera Platform Operator. The society’s Lifetime Achievement Award for Distinguished Service goes to Stan McClain, founder of Filmtools Inc., and the President’s Award for Lifetime Achievement will be presented to Leonard Chapman, founder of Chapman–Leonard Studio Equipment, for his support of the camera operator. The awards will be handed out February 15 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
Camera Operators Unveil Lifetime Achievement Honorees
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program