As part of the October deal that saw FilmDistrict being absorbed into Focus Features, the latter has taken over distribution of two more titles and announced a new release date for one of them. The sci-fi thriller Selfless, starring Ryan Reynolds, originally had been set for September 2014 but now will go out wide on February 27, 2015. The Tarsem-directed pic from writers Alex and David Pastor has that weekend to itself for now. It centers on a terminally ill billionaire who buys a chance for eternal life through an experimental underground medical procedure. Focus also will handle the Zac Efron flick That Awkward Moment, which was retitled from Are We Officially Dating? a few months ago. Its release date remains January 31. Focus said last month that it will release the former FilmDistrict title Insidious: Chapter 3 in April 2015.
Focus Sets Ryan Reynolds Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Selfless’ For Winter 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First