John Goodman‘s 13th turn as host of Saturday Night Live, joined by musical guest Kings of Leon, drew a 4.5 in the metered markets households. That was down 8% from last week when the show was hosted by Paul Rudd with teen superstars One Direction as musical guests. In the 56 metered markets, last night’s SNL posted a 2.1 in adults 18-49, down 16%. In primetime, the rebroadcast of NBC‘s highly rated The Sound Of Music live special did a 0.7 in 18-49 and 3.2 million viewers. While nowhere near the ratings for the original telecast, the three-hour special delivered NBC’s highest rated and most watched Saturday in a month.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Down With Host John Goodman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres