The All Is Lost star might have been passed over for SAG Award nomination last week, but he’ll get a career award from the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. The fest will honor Robert Redford on February 7 at the Arlington Theatre. The nod recognizes an actor who has had a strong influence on American Cinema. “To honor Robert Redford with the American Riviera Award is an immense privilege for SBIFF,” festival Exec Director Roger Durling said.“His 50-year career, filled with significant achievements both on and off camera, is reason enough for celebration, but his role in All Is Lost proves that he’s an artist that continues to evolve and inspire us.” The 29th edition of SBIFF runs January 30-February 9.
Robert Redford Set For Santa Barbara Fest’s American Riviera Award
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest International News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- Len Blavatnik’s AI Film Boards Margot Robbie-Starrer ‘I, Tonya’
- China’s Alibaba Pictures Takes Film Rights To Children’s Book Series ‘Warriors’
- Jesse Plemons Joins Kirsten Dunst’s Directorial Debut ‘The Bell Jar’
- Another Anti-Trump Documentary On Way: ‘You’ve Been Trumped Too’