Childrens Hospital star Rob Huebel and newcomer John Karna are set to topline American Storage, IFC’s comedy pilot based on the 2006 short film that starred Steve Carell and David Krumholtz. Andrew Jay Cohen and Brendan O’Brien (the upcoming Neighbors), who co-wrote the short, also co-penned the pilot, with the short’s director Cohen helming. American Storage follows the unlikely friendship between a straight-laced employee (Karna) at a storage facility and Kurt (Huebel), the eccentric man he discovers living in one of the units like it was an apartment. Kurt steals Internet from next door, pays the lowest rent you could imagine, and basically thinks he’s got life figured out. He’s charming and interesting, and might be a genius or crazy. The pilot is produced by Troy Miller of Dakota Pictures. Huebel, repped by UTA, Principato-Young Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen, is shooting the independent feature Barely Lethal and has joined the cast of Horrible Bosses 2. This marks Karna’s second acting job, after just completing indie Premature. He is with Gersh, Coronel Group and Scott Whitehead.
Rob Huebel To Star In IFC Pilot ‘American Storage’
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- After Merger, SAG-AFTRA Constitution Dropped "Sexual Harassment" As Specific Cause For Expelling Members
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- Rob Lowe Stars In ‘The Bad Seed’ Remake With A Gender Switch Eyed By Lifetime
- Carter Page: Al Franken Gropes Preferable To “Groundless Witch Hunt”