Childrens Hospital star Rob Huebel and newcomer John Karna are set to topline American Storage, IFC’s comedy pilot based on the 2006 short film that starred Steve Carell and David Krumholtz. Andrew Jay Cohen and Brendan O’Brien (the upcoming Neighbors), who co-wrote the short, also co-penned the pilot, with the short’s director Cohen helming. American Storage follows the unlikely friendship between a straight-laced employee (Karna) at a storage facility and Kurt (Huebel), the eccentric man he discovers living in one of the units like it was an apartment. Kurt steals Internet from next door, pays the lowest rent you could imagine, and basically thinks he’s got life figured out. He’s charming and interesting, and might be a genius or crazy. The pilot is produced by Troy Miller of Dakota Pictures. Huebel, repped by UTA, Principato-Young Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen, is shooting the independent feature Barely Lethal and has joined the cast of Horrible Bosses 2. This marks Karna’s second acting job, after just completing indie Premature. He is with Gersh, Coronel Group and Scott Whitehead.
Rob Huebel To Star In IFC Pilot ‘American Storage’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'