EXCLUSIVE: Rob Corddry is set to co-star opposite Dwayne Johnson in Ballers, HBO‘s half-hour dramedy pilot, which chronicles the lives of several Miami-based active and retired athletes. Corddry will play former all-pro running back Spencer’s (Johnson) boss, a financial advisor who tries really hard to fit in and who is confident but clueless at interpreting social cues. Peter Berg is directing the pilot, which Johnson is exec producing with Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson, and Evan Reilly serves as showrunner. The deal for Ballers will allow Corddry to continue on Childrens Hospital, the Emmy-winning show he created, exec produces and stars in. The actor, repped by WME, Principato-Young and Ken Richman, just wrapped the Sony feature Sex Tape and plays the one of the leads in MGM’s Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
Rob Corddry Joins HBO Pilot ‘Ballers’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'