Red Arrow International managing director Jens Richter will join FremantleMedia International as CEO, taking up the post that was vacated in July by David Ellendery. FremantleMedia International confirmed the appointment today, after Broadcast got the jump, saying Richter will join once he completes his contract at Red Arrow, the global sales arm of Germany’s ProSiebenSat.1. Richter has been with Red Arrow since 2004, when the company was known as SevenOne International. He has overseen worldwide distribution of such shows as cooking competition The Taste, Netflix’s Lilyhammer and the recent Endor-produced BBC series The Escape Artist with David Tennant. Fremantle said in a statement today, “Jens is an outstanding and dynamic executive with extensive knowledge and experience of the international distribution market and we are really excited to welcome him to the team. Jens will be joining us when he completes his contract with Red Arrow. In the meantime, our talented team of regional Executive Vice Presidents, made up of Jamie Lynn, Lisa Honig and Paul Ridley, will continue to run the day-to-day sales business with oversight from FremantleMedia International’s COO Bob McCourt.” Richter will relocate to London from Munich.
Red Arrow Exec Jens Richter Named FremantleMedia International CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest International News
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- The Weinstein Company Hoards Overseas Rights To ‘The Nut Job 2’
- Foresight Adds Talia Goldman As Director Of Operations & Distribution – Cannes
- Disney Swingin’ As ‘The Jungle Book’ Beats $700M Global; ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Rises To…
- Seville Racks Up Big Sales On Xavier Dolan’s ‘It’s Only The End Of The World’ – Cannes
- Alfie Allen Joins Jesse Eisenberg’s ‘The Spoils’ In West End Transfer; Slow TV Takes Bus To BBC4…