Red Arrow International managing director Jens Richter will join FremantleMedia International as CEO, taking up the post that was vacated in July by David Ellendery. FremantleMedia International confirmed the appointment today, after Broadcast got the jump, saying Richter will join once he completes his contract at Red Arrow, the global sales arm of Germany’s ProSiebenSat.1. Richter has been with Red Arrow since 2004, when the company was known as SevenOne International. He has overseen worldwide distribution of such shows as cooking competition The Taste, Netflix’s Lilyhammer and the recent Endor-produced BBC series The Escape Artist with David Tennant. Fremantle said in a statement today, “Jens is an outstanding and dynamic executive with extensive knowledge and experience of the international distribution market and we are really excited to welcome him to the team. Jens will be joining us when he completes his contract with Red Arrow. In the meantime, our talented team of regional Executive Vice Presidents, made up of Jamie Lynn, Lisa Honig and Paul Ridley, will continue to run the day-to-day sales business with oversight from FremantleMedia International’s COO Bob McCourt.” Richter will relocate to London from Munich.
Red Arrow Exec Jens Richter Named FremantleMedia International CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Latest International News
- Rupert Murdoch Feels Heat About His Fox News Sexual Misconduct Claims
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Awakens To Early $61M Overseas; $106M WW – International Box Office
- Chinese Film & TV Industry Is A $86.3B Business — Chinese Report
- Anant Singh To Produce Biopic Of Heart Transplant Pioneer Christiaan Barnard
- Egypt-Based Aroma Studios & United Brothers Eye U.S. Market With Thriller Films Team-Up, Set First Project
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears