Red Arrow International managing director Jens Richter will join FremantleMedia International as CEO, taking up the post that was vacated in July by David Ellendery. FremantleMedia International confirmed the appointment today, after Broadcast got the jump, saying Richter will join once he completes his contract at Red Arrow, the global sales arm of Germany’s ProSiebenSat.1. Richter has been with Red Arrow since 2004, when the company was known as SevenOne International. He has overseen worldwide distribution of such shows as cooking competition The Taste, Netflix’s Lilyhammer and the recent Endor-produced BBC series The Escape Artist with David Tennant. Fremantle said in a statement today, “Jens is an outstanding and dynamic executive with extensive knowledge and experience of the international distribution market and we are really excited to welcome him to the team. Jens will be joining us when he completes his contract with Red Arrow. In the meantime, our talented team of regional Executive Vice Presidents, made up of Jamie Lynn, Lisa Honig and Paul Ridley, will continue to run the day-to-day sales business with oversight from FremantleMedia International’s COO Bob McCourt.” Richter will relocate to London from Munich.
Red Arrow Exec Jens Richter Named FremantleMedia International CEO
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020