NBC and CBS were the only game in town Tuesday and split the nightly crown, with NBC taking adults 18-49 (3.3) and CBS total viewers (15.6 million). NBC aired the live finale of The Voice (3.9/11 in 18-49, 13.8 million viewers) from 9-11 PM. It jumped 26% from last Tuesday in 18-49 but was down 20% from last fall’s finale. For the season, The Voice averaged a 3.9 in 18-49, slightly down from the last two cycles (4.3 last fall, 4.1 in spring) and the lowest cycle ever. Still, the NBC singing competition remains a cut above any other broadcast reality series. Leading into The Voice, The Biggest Loser (2.0) was up a tenth from last week. CBS’ NCIS (2.8) matched its 18-49 fast national from last week as did NCIS: LA (2.4). NCIS once again was the most-watched program of the night with 19.4 million viewers. Person Of Interest (1.9) was down 14% from its last original three weeks ago to tie a series low. The only other original on the broadcast networks last night was the season finale of ABC News’ What Would You Do? (0.7) at 10 PM. With a repeat lead-in, it dropped 22% from last week and was down 56% from last fall’s finale when the program aired on Friday.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘The Voice’ Finale Down From Last Year, ‘POI’ Slips In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Path’ Renewed For Season 2 By Hulu
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date