NBC and CBS were the only game in town Tuesday and split the nightly crown, with NBC taking adults 18-49 (3.3) and CBS total viewers (15.6 million). NBC aired the live finale of The Voice (3.9/11 in 18-49, 13.8 million viewers) from 9-11 PM. It jumped 26% from last Tuesday in 18-49 but was down 20% from last fall’s finale. For the season, The Voice averaged a 3.9 in 18-49, slightly down from the last two cycles (4.3 last fall, 4.1 in spring) and the lowest cycle ever. Still, the NBC singing competition remains a cut above any other broadcast reality series. Leading into The Voice, The Biggest Loser (2.0) was up a tenth from last week. CBS’ NCIS (2.8) matched its 18-49 fast national from last week as did NCIS: LA (2.4). NCIS once again was the most-watched program of the night with 19.4 million viewers. Person Of Interest (1.9) was down 14% from its last original three weeks ago to tie a series low. The only other original on the broadcast networks last night was the season finale of ABC News’ What Would You Do? (0.7) at 10 PM. With a repeat lead-in, it dropped 22% from last week and was down 56% from last fall’s finale when the program aired on Friday.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘The Voice’ Finale Down From Last Year, ‘POI’ Slips In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update