You can’t have high expectations when you schedule a series finale on Friday night between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. In that context, the series closer of the CW drama Nikita did as well as could have been expected. The finale managed a 0.2 in adults 18-49, even with the last two airings that followed an original lead-in and tied for a series low. The only other original offerings on the 5 English language broadcast networks were ABC News‘ 20/20, which pulled a 1.1, down 8% from last week, and the NBC News special What We Wasted Our Year On, which too looked like a wasted opportunity with a meager 1.0 rating. With a repeat of ABC’s Shark Tank (1.2) as the highest-rated program last night, it’s no surprise that the English-language networks were edged by Spanish language broadcaster Univision, which averaged a 1.1 18-49 rating in primetime, with ABC and CBS (1.0) tied for second place.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘Nikita’ Flat In Finale, Univision Tops English-Language Networks
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90