You can’t have high expectations when you schedule a series finale on Friday night between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. In that context, the series closer of the CW drama Nikita did as well as could have been expected. The finale managed a 0.2 in adults 18-49, even with the last two airings that followed an original lead-in and tied for a series low. The only other original offerings on the 5 English language broadcast networks were ABC News‘ 20/20, which pulled a 1.1, down 8% from last week, and the NBC News special What We Wasted Our Year On, which too looked like a wasted opportunity with a meager 1.0 rating. With a repeat of ABC’s Shark Tank (1.2) as the highest-rated program last night, it’s no surprise that the English-language networks were edged by Spanish language broadcaster Univision, which averaged a 1.1 18-49 rating in primetime, with ABC and CBS (1.0) tied for second place.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘Nikita’ Flat In Finale, Univision Tops English-Language Networks
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order
- MTV Series 'Eye Candy' Casts 3 Regulars
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'