EXCLUSIVE: Rashida Jones and Will McCormack‘s first year as producers through their Warner Bros. TV-based Le Train Train shingle already yielded several broadcast sales, including put pilot commitments at NBC and Fox. Now the duo is expanding to cable with a single-camera half-hour project at HBO. The pay cable network has put in development Claws, described as a midnight-dark workplace dramedy-noir about a nail salon in Florida and the strange, dangerous women who work there. Eliot Laurence (The Big Gay Sketch Show) will write and co-executive produce, with Le Train Train’s Jones, McCormack exec producing and Jeff Grosvenor producing for Warner Bros. TV. Laurence, repped by UTA and 3 Arts wrote the feature Welcome To Me starring Kristen Wiig. Jones and McCormack are with UTA.
Rashida Jones & Will McCormack Producing Nail Salon Dramedy For HBO
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Network Renews 'Satisfaction', Cancels 'Rush'
- Nielsen Mystery: Why Are ABC's Fast National Ratings Grossly Underreported?
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS