Character actress Kate Williamson, who played Mrs. Rogers on ABC’s Ellen and turned in supporting roles in films including Barry Levinson’s Disclosure, Dahmer, Dream Lover, and Racing with the Moon, died Friday evening at her Encino, CA home. She was 82. Williamson, born Robina Jane Sparks, was the daughter of actress/singer Nydia Westman and producer/writer Salathiel Robert Sparks. In 1954 she married actor and acting teacher Al Ruscio, whose credits include The Godfather, Part III , Life Goes On, and Seinfeld. Ruscio had served on the SAG board of directors and died less than a month ago on November 12. The couple leaves behind four children, three of whom also went into showbiz: Actress and poet Elizabeth Ruscio, director and editor Michael Ruscio, production designer Nina Ruscio and teacher Maria Ruscio. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to The Actors’ Fund of America, 729 7th Ave., Floor 10, New York, NY 10102-1841, in the name of Jane Kate Ruscio aka Kate Williamson.
R.I.P. ‘Ellen’ Actress Kate Williamson
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot