Character actress Kate Williamson, who played Mrs. Rogers on ABC’s Ellen and turned in supporting roles in films including Barry Levinson’s Disclosure, Dahmer, Dream Lover, and Racing with the Moon, died Friday evening at her Encino, CA home. She was 82. Williamson, born Robina Jane Sparks, was the daughter of actress/singer Nydia Westman and producer/writer Salathiel Robert Sparks. In 1954 she married actor and acting teacher Al Ruscio, whose credits include The Godfather, Part III , Life Goes On, and Seinfeld. Ruscio had served on the SAG board of directors and died less than a month ago on November 12. The couple leaves behind four children, three of whom also went into showbiz: Actress and poet Elizabeth Ruscio, director and editor Michael Ruscio, production designer Nina Ruscio and teacher Maria Ruscio. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to The Actors’ Fund of America, 729 7th Ave., Floor 10, New York, NY 10102-1841, in the name of Jane Kate Ruscio aka Kate Williamson.
R.I.P. ‘Ellen’ Actress Kate Williamson
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WGA Award Winner: ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ For Episodic Comedy: Robert Carlock
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?