Joel Chiodi, formerly EVP Marketing at Legendary Entertainment, has been tapped as SVP Worldwide Marketing Partnerships at Paramount Pictures. He will report to LeeAnne Stables, Paroumount’s president of Consumer Products and EVP Worldwide Marketing Partnerships, and will be tasked with managing production of all creative elements supporting Paramount’s global promotion and licensing partner campaigns. Stables and Chiodi worked together when both were at E! Entertainment. Chiodi was hired in 2011 at Legendary coming from the NFL Network. He worked on such Legendary projects as Pacific Rim, 42 and the upcoming Godzilla and Warcraft, and liaised with then production-finance partner Warner Bros on The Dark Knight, the Hangover pics and 300 among other pics. In May, Legendary acquired movie marketing company Five33 to create his own in-house division under Five33 CEO and founder Emily Castel and moved its operation to NBCUniversal a couple of months later. Sister pub Variety noted first yesterday that Chiodi’s move was coming.
Paramount Hires Legendary Entertainment Marketing Exec Joel Chiodi
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company