Joel Chiodi, formerly EVP Marketing at Legendary Entertainment, has been tapped as SVP Worldwide Marketing Partnerships at Paramount Pictures. He will report to LeeAnne Stables, Paroumount’s president of Consumer Products and EVP Worldwide Marketing Partnerships, and will be tasked with managing production of all creative elements supporting Paramount’s global promotion and licensing partner campaigns. Stables and Chiodi worked together when both were at E! Entertainment. Chiodi was hired in 2011 at Legendary coming from the NFL Network. He worked on such Legendary projects as Pacific Rim, 42 and the upcoming Godzilla and Warcraft, and liaised with then production-finance partner Warner Bros on The Dark Knight, the Hangover pics and 300 among other pics. In May, Legendary acquired movie marketing company Five33 to create his own in-house division under Five33 CEO and founder Emily Castel and moved its operation to NBCUniversal a couple of months later. Sister pub Variety noted first yesterday that Chiodi’s move was coming.
Paramount Hires Legendary Entertainment Marketing Exec Joel Chiodi
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM