Paramount will distribute the film worldwide theatrically and on home video while MGM will handle select international territories. MGM/United Artists paired on the first movie in 2010 which grossed $50.3 million domestically, a mild success theatrically but the pic did well digitally and on demand. Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, and Clark Duke return for the sequel, along with Steve Pink who directs from a screenplay by Josh Heald. Adam Scott also stars. In the sequel, when Lou (Corddry) finds himself in trouble, Nick (Robinson) and Jacob (Duke) fire up the hot tub time machine in an attempt to get back to the past. But they inadvertently land in the future. Now they have to alter the future in order to save the past… which is really the present. The pic is produced by Andrew Panay. It’s slated for a 2014 release. MGM and Paramount have partnered on several projects including the upcoming Hercules, starring Dwayne Johnson and directed by Brett Ratner, due for release July 25, 2014 as well as G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.
Paramount Dips Toe Into MGM’s ‘Hot Tub Time Machine’ Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’