We scooped here last month that Joe Wright will direct Pan, the Jason Fuchs-scripted take on the Peter Pan myth that has come together fast at Warner Bros. Now the studio has set a June 26, 2015 release date for the pic, which will be in 3D. In this update, an orphan is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against the evil pirates. Javier Bardem has been offered the lead role of Blackbeard. Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner. Sarah Schechter is the executive on the adaptation of the J.M. Barrie tale. Warner Bros also said it is shifting its sci-fi pic Jupiter Ascending from Lana and Andy Wachowski by a week on its 2014 slate — from July 25 to July 18. That moves comes just a couple of days after the studio debuted the trailer for the pic starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis.
Warner Bros’ ‘Pan’ Gets June 2015 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Film News
- There’s Some Scary Movie Math Lurking In The Disney-Fox Deal
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Eyeing $202M-$208M Opening After $97M-$100M Friday – Midday Update
- Sundance 2018: RuPaul Heading To Park City For ‘Drag Race’ Retrospective & Award Juror Role
- Harvey Weinstein Denies Peter Jackson’s Assertion He Blacklisted Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s’ Guillermo Del Toro Ranks His Favorite Del Toro Films, But Says “I Would Die For Each Of My 10 Movies”…
- Tyson Ritter Cast In ‘Peppermint’, ‘Gloria’ & More