We scooped here last month that Joe Wright will direct Pan, the Jason Fuchs-scripted take on the Peter Pan myth that has come together fast at Warner Bros. Now the studio has set a June 26, 2015 release date for the pic, which will be in 3D. In this update, an orphan is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against the evil pirates. Javier Bardem has been offered the lead role of Blackbeard. Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner. Sarah Schechter is the executive on the adaptation of the J.M. Barrie tale. Warner Bros also said it is shifting its sci-fi pic Jupiter Ascending from Lana and Andy Wachowski by a week on its 2014 slate — from July 25 to July 18. That moves comes just a couple of days after the studio debuted the trailer for the pic starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis.
Warner Bros’ ‘Pan’ Gets June 2015 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor