We scooped here last month that Joe Wright will direct Pan, the Jason Fuchs-scripted take on the Peter Pan myth that has come together fast at Warner Bros. Now the studio has set a June 26, 2015 release date for the pic, which will be in 3D. In this update, an orphan is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against the evil pirates. Javier Bardem has been offered the lead role of Blackbeard. Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner. Sarah Schechter is the executive on the adaptation of the J.M. Barrie tale. Warner Bros also said it is shifting its sci-fi pic Jupiter Ascending from Lana and Andy Wachowski by a week on its 2014 slate — from July 25 to July 18. That moves comes just a couple of days after the studio debuted the trailer for the pic starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis.
Warner Bros’ ‘Pan’ Gets June 2015 Release Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'