The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has unveiled a new logo for the Oscars organization — it’s now prominent on Oscars.org and “puts the Academy into its own logo from which it’s been absent since the inception of the organization”, according to marketing boss Christina Kounelias in an intro video (see it below). The logo comes complete with its own webpage that shows design firm’s 180LA’s inspiration for the update. So is it the new “design system” a creative revelation or as one Deadline staffer suggests a variation on the Federation logo from Star Trek?
New Academy Logo: What Do You Think?
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Bill O'Reilly And David Letterman Take Compatibility Test: Video
- Universal Ups Nicholas Carpou To President Of Domestic Distribution
- Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race' Release Date Set For April 2016; William Hurt Joins Cast
- Joy Behar Goes Solo; Next Stop, Greenwich Village
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video