The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has unveiled a new logo for the Oscars organization — it’s now prominent on Oscars.org and “puts the Academy into its own logo from which it’s been absent since the inception of the organization”, according to marketing boss Christina Kounelias in an intro video (see it below). The logo comes complete with its own webpage that shows design firm’s 180LA’s inspiration for the update. So is it the new “design system” a creative revelation or as one Deadline staffer suggests a variation on the Federation logo from Star Trek?
New Academy Logo: What Do You Think?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'