The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has unveiled a new logo for the Oscars organization — it’s now prominent on Oscars.org and “puts the Academy into its own logo from which it’s been absent since the inception of the organization”, according to marketing boss Christina Kounelias in an intro video (see it below). The logo comes complete with its own webpage that shows design firm’s 180LA’s inspiration for the update. So is it the new “design system” a creative revelation or as one Deadline staffer suggests a variation on the Federation logo from Star Trek?
New Academy Logo: What Do You Think?
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Awards News
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?
- Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriter Winners Unveiled
- Caucus For Producers, Writers & Directors Unveils Honorees & Nominees
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- YouTube To Live Stream 2016 Streamy Awards
- Emmys: Liberty Media Chairman John Malone Among Engineering Award Honorees