The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has unveiled a new logo for the Oscars organization — it’s now prominent on Oscars.org and “puts the Academy into its own logo from which it’s been absent since the inception of the organization”, according to marketing boss Christina Kounelias in an intro video (see it below). The logo comes complete with its own webpage that shows design firm’s 180LA’s inspiration for the update. So is it the new “design system” a creative revelation or as one Deadline staffer suggests a variation on the Federation logo from Star Trek?
New Academy Logo: What Do You Think?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Steven Knight On Fans & Heroes As He Nabs First BAFTA Nomination For Writing Gangster Saga
- Daytime Emmy Nominations: 'General Hospital' Leads Programs & CBS Tops Networks
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- Film Academy Investigating President John Bailey For Sexual Harassment
- SXSW Film Festival Jury Awards: ‘Thunder Road’ By Jim Cummings Wins Narrative
- Deadline’s Contenders Emmys: Invites Out Today For April 15 Event; Star-Filled Lineup Includes Record 100+…