In 1976, Nick Nolte burst into the scene with a starring role in a mini-series, ABC’s 12-hour saga Rich Man, Poor Man. Thirty seven year later, Nolte is returning to longform TV with a regular role in Fox’s 10-hour event series Gracepoint, a remake of the UK’s Broadchurch. The project, from Shine America and Kudos, centers on Detective Emmett Carver (David Tennant), the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder of 11-year-old Danny that puts a small town under scrutiny. CAA-repped Nolte will play Jack Reinhold, the stubborn, willful owner of the kayak rental on the beach as well as the local wildlife observation program, where the murdered boy was one of his volunteers. This marks only the second major TV gig for Nolte since Rich Man, Poor Man; he also starred on the HBO drama series Luck. Nolte has been focused on features, earning three Oscar nominations, most recently for Warrior.
Nick Nolte In Fox Event Series ‘Gracepoint’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips