In 1976, Nick Nolte burst into the scene with a starring role in a mini-series, ABC’s 12-hour saga Rich Man, Poor Man. Thirty seven year later, Nolte is returning to longform TV with a regular role in Fox’s 10-hour event series Gracepoint, a remake of the UK’s Broadchurch. The project, from Shine America and Kudos, centers on Detective Emmett Carver (David Tennant), the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder of 11-year-old Danny that puts a small town under scrutiny. CAA-repped Nolte will play Jack Reinhold, the stubborn, willful owner of the kayak rental on the beach as well as the local wildlife observation program, where the murdered boy was one of his volunteers. This marks only the second major TV gig for Nolte since Rich Man, Poor Man; he also starred on the HBO drama series Luck. Nolte has been focused on features, earning three Oscar nominations, most recently for Warrior.
Nick Nolte In Fox Event Series ‘Gracepoint’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'