In 1976, Nick Nolte burst into the scene with a starring role in a mini-series, ABC’s 12-hour saga Rich Man, Poor Man. Thirty seven year later, Nolte is returning to longform TV with a regular role in Fox’s 10-hour event series Gracepoint, a remake of the UK’s Broadchurch. The project, from Shine America and Kudos, centers on Detective Emmett Carver (David Tennant), the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder of 11-year-old Danny that puts a small town under scrutiny. CAA-repped Nolte will play Jack Reinhold, the stubborn, willful owner of the kayak rental on the beach as well as the local wildlife observation program, where the murdered boy was one of his volunteers. This marks only the second major TV gig for Nolte since Rich Man, Poor Man; he also starred on the HBO drama series Luck. Nolte has been focused on features, earning three Oscar nominations, most recently for Warrior.
Nick Nolte In Fox Event Series ‘Gracepoint’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS