In 1976, Nick Nolte burst into the scene with a starring role in a mini-series, ABC’s 12-hour saga Rich Man, Poor Man. Thirty seven year later, Nolte is returning to longform TV with a regular role in Fox’s 10-hour event series Gracepoint, a remake of the UK’s Broadchurch. The project, from Shine America and Kudos, centers on Detective Emmett Carver (David Tennant), the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder of 11-year-old Danny that puts a small town under scrutiny. CAA-repped Nolte will play Jack Reinhold, the stubborn, willful owner of the kayak rental on the beach as well as the local wildlife observation program, where the murdered boy was one of his volunteers. This marks only the second major TV gig for Nolte since Rich Man, Poor Man; he also starred on the HBO drama series Luck. Nolte has been focused on features, earning three Oscar nominations, most recently for Warrior.
Nick Nolte In Fox Event Series ‘Gracepoint’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup