UPDATED: NBC at the upfronts established a genre block on Friday from 9-11 PM with Grimm at 9 PM and Dracula, to be followed by pirate drama Crossbones in midseason. The network is keeping the block’s theme, but has now slotted Hannibal to succeed Dracula in the 10 PM time slot in midseason. (Hannibal’s first season aired on Thursday.) The 13-episode second season of Hannibal will debut after the Winter Olympics on February 28. There is no scheduling decision yet on Crossbones. From creator Bryan Fuller, Hannibal stars Mads Mikkelsen as brilliant psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, who is working with the FBI and gifted criminal profiler Will Graham, played by Hugh Dancy, to look into the mind of serial killers. The series also stars Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford, the head of the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit. Caroline Dhavernas and Hettienne Park also co-star. Hannibal is from Gaumont International Television in association with Sony Pictures TV Networks. In addition to Fuller, Martha De Laurentiis, Steven Lightfoot, Chris Brancato, Katie O’Connell, Elisa Roth, Sidonie Dumas and Christophe Riandee also serve as executive producers.
NBC’s ‘Hannibal’ Gets February Return Date, ‘Crossbones’ On Hold
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC
- 'Longmire' Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere