Girls co-executive producer Murray Miller has closed a two-year overall deal with HBO. Under the pact, he will be bumped up to executive producer on Lena Dunham’s comedy series. Additionally, he has teamed with Enlightened creator Mike White for Mr. Romance, a half-hour project based on the article The Only Muscle I Can’t Control: In Search Of The Next Romance Novel Cover Man, written by Joshuah Bearman and first published in McSweeney’s in 2010. (you can read it here.) Murray will co-write the pilot with Casper Christensen, writer and star of the Danish film Klown. White and David Bernad will executive produce via their Rip Cord Prods banner along with Josh Bearman. Miller, repped by UTA and attorneys Don Walerstein and Matt Walerstein, previously worked on Fox’s American Dad and King Of The Hill. White and Bernad are with UTA and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.; Bearman with UTA, Circle of Confusion and Linda Lichter; Christensen with CAA and Douglas Entertainment.
Murray Miller Inks HBO Deal, Gets Upped To EP On ‘Girls’, Sets Project With Mike White
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?