Girls co-executive producer Murray Miller has closed a two-year overall deal with HBO. Under the pact, he will be bumped up to executive producer on Lena Dunham’s comedy series. Additionally, he has teamed with Enlightened creator Mike White for Mr. Romance, a half-hour project based on the article The Only Muscle I Can’t Control: In Search Of The Next Romance Novel Cover Man, written by Joshuah Bearman and first published in McSweeney’s in 2010. (you can read it here.) Murray will co-write the pilot with Casper Christensen, writer and star of the Danish film Klown. White and David Bernad will executive produce via their Rip Cord Prods banner along with Josh Bearman. Miller, repped by UTA and attorneys Don Walerstein and Matt Walerstein, previously worked on Fox’s American Dad and King Of The Hill. White and Bernad are with UTA and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.; Bearman with UTA, Circle of Confusion and Linda Lichter; Christensen with CAA and Douglas Entertainment.
Murray Miller Inks HBO Deal, Gets Upped To EP On ‘Girls’, Sets Project With Mike White
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'