Girls co-executive producer Murray Miller has closed a two-year overall deal with HBO. Under the pact, he will be bumped up to executive producer on Lena Dunham’s comedy series. Additionally, he has teamed with Enlightened creator Mike White for Mr. Romance, a half-hour project based on the article The Only Muscle I Can’t Control: In Search Of The Next Romance Novel Cover Man, written by Joshuah Bearman and first published in McSweeney’s in 2010. (you can read it here.) Murray will co-write the pilot with Casper Christensen, writer and star of the Danish film Klown. White and David Bernad will executive produce via their Rip Cord Prods banner along with Josh Bearman. Miller, repped by UTA and attorneys Don Walerstein and Matt Walerstein, previously worked on Fox’s American Dad and King Of The Hill. White and Bernad are with UTA and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.; Bearman with UTA, Circle of Confusion and Linda Lichter; Christensen with CAA and Douglas Entertainment.
Murray Miller Inks HBO Deal, Gets Upped To EP On ‘Girls’, Sets Project With Mike White
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over