EXCLUSIVE: MTV and the network’s SVP scripted programming Justin Levy have parted ways. The decision was mutual and not unexpected given all the changes at MTV over the past few years. Levy joined the network in 2008. Two years later, David Janollari came over as head of scripted. When Janollari was elevated two years later, Levy and Clay Spencer, who had been brought in by Janollari, were made co-heads of scripted and upped to SVP in August 2012. Three months later, Susanne Daniels replaced Janollari and Spencer exited. Levy flew solo on the scripted side for a couple of months until Daniels brought in Mina Lefevre as SVP and head of scripted programming. During his tenure at MTV, Levy has been closely involved in the network’s most successful scripted franchises. He championed MTV’s breakout comedy Awkward and also played an integral part in the development and production of the other successful MTV series, Teen Wolf. Levy comes from a producing background, having joined MTV from Peter Berg’s company Film 44, where he oversaw development and produced Friday Night Lights, among other series.
MTV’s SVP Scripted Justin Levy Departs
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'