EXCLUSIVE: After a lengthy stint on broadcast starting with his breakout role on Friends, Michael Rapaport has found a strong second act on cable. On the heels of a showy seasonlong arc on the upcoming season of FX’s Justified, Rapaport has signed on to co-star opposite Ed Burns in another cable drama project, TNT pilot Public Morals, executive produced by Steven Spielberg. Written, executive produced, to be directed by and starring Burns, whose father worked for the NYPD during the late 1960s, Public Morals is set in 1967 in New York City’s Public Morals Division, where cops walk the line between morality and criminality as the temptations that come from dealing with all kinds of vice can get the better of them. It centers on cop Terry Muldoon (Burns), who knows the line between the good guys and bad guys is thin, and he is determined to raise his sons to be honest and hardworking as he deals with the dark underbelly of the vice world. Rapaport will play Muldoon’s partner Charlie Bullman, the muscle of the operation. Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey and Aaron Lubin also executive produce. In features, Rapaport, repped by Resolution and Brillstein Entertainment, was recently seen in hit comedy The Heat.
Michael Rapaport To Co-Star In Ed Burns’ TNT Period Cop Drama Pilot ‘Public Morals’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'