EXCLUSIVE: After a lengthy stint on broadcast starting with his breakout role on Friends, Michael Rapaport has found a strong second act on cable. On the heels of a showy seasonlong arc on the upcoming season of FX’s Justified, Rapaport has signed on to co-star opposite Ed Burns in another cable drama project, TNT pilot Public Morals, executive produced by Steven Spielberg. Written, executive produced, to be directed by and starring Burns, whose father worked for the NYPD during the late 1960s, Public Morals is set in 1967 in New York City’s Public Morals Division, where cops walk the line between morality and criminality as the temptations that come from dealing with all kinds of vice can get the better of them. It centers on cop Terry Muldoon (Burns), who knows the line between the good guys and bad guys is thin, and he is determined to raise his sons to be honest and hardworking as he deals with the dark underbelly of the vice world. Rapaport will play Muldoon’s partner Charlie Bullman, the muscle of the operation. Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey and Aaron Lubin also executive produce. In features, Rapaport, repped by Resolution and Brillstein Entertainment, was recently seen in hit comedy The Heat.
Michael Rapaport To Co-Star In Ed Burns’ TNT Period Cop Drama Pilot ‘Public Morals’
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring