EXCLUSIVE: MGM has acquired Let’s Get Married, a comic pitch that will be fast tracked as a star vehicle for Jillian Bell and Charlotte Newhouse. Bell, who stars in Comedy Central’s Workaholics and HBO’s Eastbound & Down, as well as Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master and Inherent Vice, is writing the script with Newhouse, her scripting partner on Idiot Sitter at Comedy Central. Pic’s about a couple that finds itself in an arranged marriage. The hope is to get the film into production by next spring. Bell, who most recently wrapped 22 Jump Street, is repped by Innovative and 3 Arts, Newhouse by Gersh and Evolution.
MGM Acquires Jillian Bell Pitch ‘Let’s Get Married’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Second Apology After Best Picture Gaffe
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge