EXCLUSIVE: MGM has acquired Let’s Get Married, a comic pitch that will be fast tracked as a star vehicle for Jillian Bell and Charlotte Newhouse. Bell, who stars in Comedy Central’s Workaholics and HBO’s Eastbound & Down, as well as Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master and Inherent Vice, is writing the script with Newhouse, her scripting partner on Idiot Sitter at Comedy Central. Pic’s about a couple that finds itself in an arranged marriage. The hope is to get the film into production by next spring. Bell, who most recently wrapped 22 Jump Street, is repped by Innovative and 3 Arts, Newhouse by Gersh and Evolution.
MGM Acquires Jillian Bell Pitch ‘Let’s Get Married’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- Toronto Finds Bill Murray And Gives Him A Day
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment
- Warner Bros Pre-empts 'Mack Bolan'; Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips Aboard
- Bart & Fleming: On Robin Williams And Empathetic Star Send-Offs