Another awards season, another trail of accolades for the 17-time Oscar nominee and three-time winner. The Palm Springs International Film Festival said today that Meryl Streep has been tapped for its Icon Award, which “honors a creative talent who, through the course of his or her career, has created a body of work which symbolizes the highest level of achievement in the motion picture art form”. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Streep is on the awards radar again this year for her role as the matriarch of a Midwestern family in August: Osage County, director John Wells’ adaptation of the Pulitzer-winning play by Tracy Letts. The 25th edition of PSIFF runs January 3-13 in the desert city.
Meryl Streep Set To Receive Icon Award At Palm Springs Film Fest
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer