Another awards season, another trail of accolades for the 17-time Oscar nominee and three-time winner. The Palm Springs International Film Festival said today that Meryl Streep has been tapped for its Icon Award, which “honors a creative talent who, through the course of his or her career, has created a body of work which symbolizes the highest level of achievement in the motion picture art form”. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Streep is on the awards radar again this year for her role as the matriarch of a Midwestern family in August: Osage County, director John Wells’ adaptation of the Pulitzer-winning play by Tracy Letts. The 25th edition of PSIFF runs January 3-13 in the desert city.
Meryl Streep Set To Receive Icon Award At Palm Springs Film Fest
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 ExpertsOdds1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Arrival10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscar Week 2017 Parties & Events: The List
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners – Complete…
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Salman Rushdie Extols The Immigrant’s Struggle Of ‘Lion’: Guest Column
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?