Another awards season, another trail of accolades for the 17-time Oscar nominee and three-time winner. The Palm Springs International Film Festival said today that Meryl Streep has been tapped for its Icon Award, which “honors a creative talent who, through the course of his or her career, has created a body of work which symbolizes the highest level of achievement in the motion picture art form”. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Streep is on the awards radar again this year for her role as the matriarch of a Midwestern family in August: Osage County, director John Wells’ adaptation of the Pulitzer-winning play by Tracy Letts. The 25th edition of PSIFF runs January 3-13 in the desert city.
Meryl Streep Set To Receive Icon Award At Palm Springs Film Fest
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way