The alliance gives Maker Studios the opportunity to turn Just For Laughs into a major Internet video franchise. The digital network company that targets millennials will manage the existing Just For Laughs Gags channel on YouTube. It will create a service to feature the stand-up comedy presented over the last 30+ years at Just For Laughs festivals including the one that takes place in Montreal in July. Maker also will develop a Just For Laughs website, using its proprietary video player to distribute content. And Maker will help to develop shows for the festival featuring the studio’s talent; videos of these performances will run on Maker’s channels including the Nacho Punch hub (formerly called The Station). Just For Laughs digital leader Andy Nulman says that the arrangements will “pump” the Gags channel “to its pinnacle,” convert the library into “a distinct product that will captivate the digital fan,” and “create new collaborations and unique original content.” Maker’s investors include Canal +, Time Warner Investments, Upfront Ventures, Northgate Capital, Greycroft Partners, actor Robert Downey Jr’s Downey Ventures, and Elisabeth Murdoch.
Maker Studios Forges Digital Partnership With ‘Just For Laughs’ Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- UPDATE: SAG-AFTRA Executive’s Daughter Returns Home Safely
- Sony Slapped With Negligence Suit By Ex-VP On Hacking Anniversary
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- Alec Baldwin, Laurence Fishburne, LaTanya Richardson Jackson To Read At Arthur Miller’s 100th Birthday Party
- TiVo Reports Record Sub Growth As It Starts To Look For A New CEO
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?