Lionsgate, a business built on Summit’s Twilight Saga books and now The Hunger Games trilogy, continues to base its future slates on book acquisition. It’s worth noting that the studio is either in production or developing four of the top five bestselling books of 2013, based on Apple’s iBooks sales. Three of them are the Veronica Roth titles Divergent, Insurgent and Alliegiant, which is Lionsgate’s next big franchise play with Divergent launching March 21 and Insurgent going into production around the same time. Also in that top five is Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins’ final installment of The Hunger Games novel trilogy which Lionsgate is turning into two films.
Lionsgate’s Bookish Push
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…