Lionsgate, a business built on Summit’s Twilight Saga books and now The Hunger Games trilogy, continues to base its future slates on book acquisition. It’s worth noting that the studio is either in production or developing four of the top five bestselling books of 2013, based on Apple’s iBooks sales. Three of them are the Veronica Roth titles Divergent, Insurgent and Alliegiant, which is Lionsgate’s next big franchise play with Divergent launching March 21 and Insurgent going into production around the same time. Also in that top five is Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins’ final installment of The Hunger Games novel trilogy which Lionsgate is turning into two films.
Lionsgate’s Bookish Push
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'
- Hamptons Fest Gets 'St. Vincent' Opener; Now They Pray For St. Bill
- Bryan Cranston In 'The Great Wall' Talks
- Bryan Singer Set To Helm 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Lava Bear Joins Chinese Pic 'The Bodyguard'