The Weinstein Company said today it’s putting Lee Daniels’ The Butler back in theaters this Friday, December 6, for those who missed it on the big screen the first time around. Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey and David Oyelowo star in the story of White House butler Cecil Gaines (Whitaker), who serves during seven presidential administrations between 1957 and 1986. The pic has grossed over $115 domestically since its August 16 release.
‘Lee Daniels’ The Butler’ Returns To Theaters Friday For Awards Season Push
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest