Universal Pictures today set an August 14, 2015 release date for the fifth installment of the Bourne Identity franchise and confirmed Deadline’s scoop last month that Fast & Furious helmer Justin Lin will direct the pic. Jeremy Renner returns as Aaron Cross for this chapter and Frank Marshall once again produces, alongside Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith for Captivate. Lin will also produce for his Perfect Storm Entertainment. Universal also announced today that the Scarlett Johansson-starrer Lucy will be released on August 8, 2014. Luc Besson directs the action thriller.
Justin Lin’s ‘Bourne’ Gets August 2015 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line