She’s a triple threat. She writes. She directs. And of course she acts. But as she explained to a packed audience of AMPAS and Guild members on the Sony Pictures Classics panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event Julie Delpy has never quite done anything as stressful or intense as the trilogy of films that began with Before Sunrise (1995) and Before Sunset (2004) and now has produced Before Midnight, one of the few critical favorites from the first six months of 2013. She wrote all three films with her director Richard Linklater and co-star Ethan Hawke and now is being widely buzzed for not only her performance which just won her a Lead Actress nomination at the Independent Spirit Awards but also for the script which is among top contenders for a Best Adapted Screenplay nomination. Still she says none of it is easy and it’s all on the page as well as the screen.
The Contenders 2013: Julie Delpy On Co-Writing And Co-Starring In ‘Before Midnight’ – “The Stress Of It All Is Just Intense” (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Awardsline News
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Team On Creating Intimacy On Screen For Story Of First Love – The Contenders Video
- Richard Linklater On Why It Took 10 Years To Get His ‘Last Flag Flying’ To The Screen – The…
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award
- ‘The LEGO Batman Movie’ Director Chris McKay Talks “Punk Rock” Take On The Batman Universe
- Primetime Emmy Awards On NBC Will Return To September, Stay On Monday