Jane Lynch seems to be on the shortlist for every emcee job in town — before and after she hosted the 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards. Now she will host the 66th annual DGA Awards, set for January 25 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in LA. “We are thrilled to welcome Jane Lynch as host of the DGA Awards for the very first time,” Directors Guild President Paris Barclay said today in announcing her gig. “I have known Jane for years and have envied her quick wit — and her extraordinary height. She always makes the job of directing her a joy, and I look forward to her helping us honor the year’s best in film and television.” Lynch has built a robust list of film and TV credits, so she knows and has worked with directors on both sides, and also is active on the stage (she cut her teeth at Second City and the Steppenwolf Theatre). Of late, she continues her Golden Globe-winning work on Fox’s Glee and hosting the NBC game show Hollywood Game Night, which was just renewed for Season 2.
Jane Lynch To Host DGA Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'