Jane Lynch seems to be on the shortlist for every emcee job in town — before and after she hosted the 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards. Now she will host the 66th annual DGA Awards, set for January 25 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in LA. “We are thrilled to welcome Jane Lynch as host of the DGA Awards for the very first time,” Directors Guild President Paris Barclay said today in announcing her gig. “I have known Jane for years and have envied her quick wit — and her extraordinary height. She always makes the job of directing her a joy, and I look forward to her helping us honor the year’s best in film and television.” Lynch has built a robust list of film and TV credits, so she knows and has worked with directors on both sides, and also is active on the stage (she cut her teeth at Second City and the Steppenwolf Theatre). Of late, she continues her Golden Globe-winning work on Fox’s Glee and hosting the NBC game show Hollywood Game Night, which was just renewed for Season 2.
Jane Lynch To Host DGA Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Wonder Wheel’ Production Designer On The Artist Who Has Breathed New Life Into Woody Allen’s Films
- ‘Dunkirk’ & ‘Orient Express’ Star Kenneth Branagh On Poirot’s Personality & Christopher Nolan’s…
- Getting To The Heart Of ‘Coco’ – The Contenders
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s’ Guillermo Del Toro Ranks His Favorite Del Toro Films, But Says “I Would Die For Each Of My 10 Movies”…
- Clothes Make The Characters In ‘Phantom Thread’ – The Contenders Video
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Shortlist Cuts Field To Nine; France’s ‘BPM’ Snubbed