Aldamisa Entertainment is teaming up with Neal Dodson, Corey Moosa, and Zachary Quinto’s Before The Door Pictures to produce horror romance Vivien Hasn’t Been Herself Lately, from writer-director Brian Duffield. The project marks Duffield’s directorial debut after penning Black List script Your Bridesmaid’s A Bitch and Relativity’s Jane Got A Gun starring Natalie Portman. Vivien tracks a married couple struggling to survive against a supernatural entity and will be exec produced by Nicki Cortese, who brought the script to Aldamisa and Before the Door. Gersh and Circle of Confusion client Duffield is also writing Insurgent for Red Wagon and Summit and last year sold spec script Monster Problems to Paramount for Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps banner. Meanwhile, the Before the Door gang is up for four Indie Spirit Awards for JC Chandor’s All Is Lost and are reteaming with Chandor on his third pic, A Most Violent Year. The banner’s foray into genre includes horror pic Banshee Chapter, due out in January. Aldamisa productions Sin City 2 (The Weinstein Co.) and Chef (Open Road) will hit theaters in 2014. The company’s Jere Hausfater and Philip Elway negotiated the Vivien deal and EVP of Sales Eric Min will handle worldwide presales out of Berlin. Before the Door is repped by CAA and attorney Randy Manis.
‘Jane Got A Gun’ Scribe Sets Directorial Debut ‘Vivien Hasn’t Been Herself Lately’ For Aldamisa & Before The Door
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE