Real-life married couple John Ross Bowie and Jamie Denbo are set to play one on TV. The husband-and-wife duo has been tapped for a multi-episode arc on NBC‘s new comedy series About A Boy, based on Nick Hornby’s feature. The show centers on bachelor Will (David Walton) and his new neighbors, needy single mom Fiona (Minnie Driver) and her 11-year-old son. Bowie and Denbo will play a married couple and business partners in an organic toy company, who hire Fiona to work with them. Denbo, a standout in the hit Melissa McCarthy-Sandra Bullock feature comedy The Heat, along with Jessica Chaffin, are getting a spinoff movie, with Paul Feig and Peter Chernin producing for Fox.Denbo is one half of the comedy troupe Ronna & Beverly and recently sold her feature pitch Wedding Dance to Universal Pictures. Bowie, who is recurring on hit comedy The Big Bang Theory, wrote with fellow BBT player Kevin Sussman an animated comedy pilot for Amazon. Bowie and Denbo are repped by Pakula/King. Denbo is managed by Apostle’s George Heller; Bowie is managed by Principato-Young.
Jamie Denbo & John Ross Bowie Join NBC’s ‘About A Boy’ As Recurring
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'