Real-life married couple John Ross Bowie and Jamie Denbo are set to play one on TV. The husband-and-wife duo has been tapped for a multi-episode arc on NBC‘s new comedy series About A Boy, based on Nick Hornby’s feature. The show centers on bachelor Will (David Walton) and his new neighbors, needy single mom Fiona (Minnie Driver) and her 11-year-old son. Bowie and Denbo will play a married couple and business partners in an organic toy company, who hire Fiona to work with them. Denbo, a standout in the hit Melissa McCarthy-Sandra Bullock feature comedy The Heat, along with Jessica Chaffin, are getting a spinoff movie, with Paul Feig and Peter Chernin producing for Fox.Denbo is one half of the comedy troupe Ronna & Beverly and recently sold her feature pitch Wedding Dance to Universal Pictures. Bowie, who is recurring on hit comedy The Big Bang Theory, wrote with fellow BBT player Kevin Sussman an animated comedy pilot for Amazon. Bowie and Denbo are repped by Pakula/King. Denbo is managed by Apostle’s George Heller; Bowie is managed by Principato-Young.
Jamie Denbo & John Ross Bowie Join NBC’s ‘About A Boy’ As Recurring
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW
- 'The Bridge' Cancelled By FX After 2 Seasons
- 'The Millers' Slips In Ratings On New Night, 'Jane' & 'Scorpion' Hold Well
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Kombat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'