Glassland is the second feature from Irish director Gerard Barrett, who made this year’s drama Pilgrim Hill. He starts shooting on the new film January 8 with Toni Collette, Jack Reynor (Transformers: Age Of Extinction), Will Poulter (We’re The Millers) and Michael Smiley (A Field In England) aboard. The Dublin-set story follows a young taxi driver (Reynor) who gets tangled up in the world of human trafficking while trying to save his mother (Collette) from addiction. Barrett wrote the screenplay. Ed Guiney and Juliette Bonass are producing for Ireland’s Element Pictures in association with Nine Entertainment. Element’s Andrew Lowe is exec producer. Up-and-comer Reynor is returning to his roots with Glassland. The actor got a ringing endorsement from Michael Bay last January when he tapped the Irish thesp for the new Transformers. At the time, Bay wrote on his website, “I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor, he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie What Richard Did. This kid is the real deal.”
Jack Reynor, Toni Collette Join Irish Indie ‘Glassland’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Deal Making Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs