Sony Pictures has released its first teaser for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 today, and you can see the first stamp of Dwight Caines, the president of Theatrical Marketing for Sony Pictures. who hatched this campaign with his Sony Pictures International counterpart Nigel Clark. Caines ran digital marketing for Sony worldwide, and this first trailer has been launched simultaneously online in a massive global play. Versions of it were made more than 12 languages, including Russian and three different Chinese dialects. The trailer launched simultaneously on every Sony platform down to the Times Square billboard, and reams of other sites around the world. This is likely to become more common on event pictures, as all the studios embrace look at event pictures as global commerce instead of separate campaigns for domestic and international. The sequel brings back Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. This time around, the webslinger goes up against a coterie of villains headed by Jamie Foxx‘s Electro. Dane DeHaan, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper, Sally Field and Denis Leary also star in the Marc Webb-directed movie. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 starts its international rollout on April 16, 2014 and debuts in the U.S. on May 2, 2014. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'