Halle Berry is set to executive produce Hannibal (working title), a miniseries about the great generals in antiquity — Hannibal Barca and his archrival Scipio Africanus — who went head-to-head in the Second Punic War. Oscar-nominated writer Jeffrey Caine (The Constant Gardener) is penning the script for the project, co-produced by A+E Studios and Red Arrow Entertainment. “Hannibal was not only the greatest African general to ever live, he may have been the greatest general, period,” said Berry. “His story is an intricate and captivating ride, and I’m thrilled to get this project off the ground with our partners at History.” Hannibal begins in Carthage, 264 BC, at the beginning of his life in North Africa and takes viewers through the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome. In what became legend, Hannibal and his archrival take a sacred vow to destroy the other and the nation he served. However, despite their fiercely opposed allegiances, the two are brought together and grow to respect each other as brothers. Berry, Steven Jensen, Vincent Cirrincione, Caine and Red Arrow’s Simon Maxwell executive produce. History’s latest miniseries, Bonnie & Clyde, premieres on Sunday.
History Developing Hannibal Barca Miniseries Produced By Halle Berry
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Fertility Workplace Comedy From Annie Neal & Doug Robinson
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Fox Buys 2 Projects From Lee Daniels: Gospel Choir Drama As Put Pilot & Multi-Racial Soap With Penalty
- James Corden Regrets His Kiss With Sean Spicer; Promises It Was A “One-Time Thing”
- ‘For The People’: Production Temporarily Shut Down On ABC Shondaland Series
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”