EXCLUSIVE: Pablo Schreiber is set as a lead opposite Jack Black and Tim Robbins in The Brink, HBO‘s comedy pilot directed by Jay Roach from a script by Roberto Benabib and Kim Benabib. Also cast in the project, exec produced by Jerry Weintraub, are Maribeth Monroe (Workaholics) and Geoff Pierson (Dexter) who join Aasif Mandvi. The Brink is an epic dark comedy focusing on a geopolitical crisis and its effect on three disparate and desperate men: U.S. Secretary of State Walter Hollander (Robbins); Alex Coppins (Jack Black), a lowly Foreign Service officer; and Zeke Callahan (Schreiber), an ace Navy fighter pilot. These three compromised souls must pull through the chaos around them to save the planet from World War Three. Monroe, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Kendra Willis, Deputy Chief of Staff and lifeline to the hard living Secretary of State (Robbins). Pierson, repped by Stone Manners Salners and attorney Tom Hoberman, will play Pierce Mullin, the hawkish Secretary of Defense. He will next be seen opposite Hilary Swank in the indie You’re Not You. Schreiber, repped by ICM Partners and Circle of Confusion, recently worked with HBO on the film Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight. His recent series credits include Orange Is The New Black, Ironside and Law & Order: SVU.
Pablo Schreiber, Maribeth Monroe & Geoff Pierson Cast In HBO Pilot ‘The Brink’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'