EXCLUSIVE: Pablo Schreiber is set as a lead opposite Jack Black and Tim Robbins in The Brink, HBO‘s comedy pilot directed by Jay Roach from a script by Roberto Benabib and Kim Benabib. Also cast in the project, exec produced by Jerry Weintraub, are Maribeth Monroe (Workaholics) and Geoff Pierson (Dexter) who join Aasif Mandvi. The Brink is an epic dark comedy focusing on a geopolitical crisis and its effect on three disparate and desperate men: U.S. Secretary of State Walter Hollander (Robbins); Alex Coppins (Jack Black), a lowly Foreign Service officer; and Zeke Callahan (Schreiber), an ace Navy fighter pilot. These three compromised souls must pull through the chaos around them to save the planet from World War Three. Monroe, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, will play Kendra Willis, Deputy Chief of Staff and lifeline to the hard living Secretary of State (Robbins). Pierson, repped by Stone Manners Salners and attorney Tom Hoberman, will play Pierce Mullin, the hawkish Secretary of Defense. He will next be seen opposite Hilary Swank in the indie You’re Not You. Schreiber, repped by ICM Partners and Circle of Confusion, recently worked with HBO on the film Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight. His recent series credits include Orange Is The New Black, Ironside and Law & Order: SVU.
Pablo Schreiber, Maribeth Monroe & Geoff Pierson Cast In HBO Pilot ‘The Brink’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…
- Elizabeth Perkins Joins ‘Preacher’ Cast