HBO has put in development Club Life: Miami, a drama written and directed by filmmaker John Singleton (Boyz N The Hood, Shaft) who is executive producing with Russell Simmons. Set against the South Beach club scene, the project follows a reformed criminal who moves to Miami and gains a new lease on life as he embraces the vibrant, youthful and transgressive world. Simmons has a first-look deal with HBO where he also is executive producing a high-profile drama project from 12 Years A Slave director Steve McQueen. Singleton is repped by WME and Underground’s Trevor Engelson; Simmons is with WME.
HBO Developing South Beach Drama From John Singleton And Russell Simmons
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV
- Netflix Series From 'Damages' Creators Unveils Title, First Teaser: Video