HBO has put in development Club Life: Miami, a drama written and directed by filmmaker John Singleton (Boyz N The Hood, Shaft) who is executive producing with Russell Simmons. Set against the South Beach club scene, the project follows a reformed criminal who moves to Miami and gains a new lease on life as he embraces the vibrant, youthful and transgressive world. Simmons has a first-look deal with HBO where he also is executive producing a high-profile drama project from 12 Years A Slave director Steve McQueen. Singleton is repped by WME and Underground’s Trevor Engelson; Simmons is with WME.
HBO Developing South Beach Drama From John Singleton And Russell Simmons
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21