EXCLUSIVE: Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld is in talks to star in Ten Thousand Saints, a feature adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s 2011 novel set in 1980s New York City in the age of CBGB, yuppies and gentrification that culminated in 1988’s Tompkins Square Park riots. Oscar-nominated duo Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini (American Splendor) are attached to direct from their own script. The coming-of-age tale follows Vermont teenager Jude, who moves in with his hippie dad in NYC after his best friend Teddy overdoses. There he falls in with the no drugs, no sex, no meat straight-edge hardcore punk scene of the East Village. Steinfeld will play Eliza, who becomes pregnant with Teddy’s child and leans on his brother Johnny and Jude for support. Celine Rattray, Luca Borghese, and Archer Gray Productions’ Anne Carey are producing. Steinfeld is repped by ICM Partners and Coast to Coast and is set to star opposite Vince Vaughn in crime thriller Term Life.
Hailee Steinfeld In Talks For Straight Edge Punk Adaptation ‘Ten Thousand Saints’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'