EXCLUSIVE: Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld is in talks to star in Ten Thousand Saints, a feature adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s 2011 novel set in 1980s New York City in the age of CBGB, yuppies and gentrification that culminated in 1988’s Tompkins Square Park riots. Oscar-nominated duo Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini (American Splendor) are attached to direct from their own script. The coming-of-age tale follows Vermont teenager Jude, who moves in with his hippie dad in NYC after his best friend Teddy overdoses. There he falls in with the no drugs, no sex, no meat straight-edge hardcore punk scene of the East Village. Steinfeld will play Eliza, who becomes pregnant with Teddy’s child and leans on his brother Johnny and Jude for support. Celine Rattray, Luca Borghese, and Archer Gray Productions’ Anne Carey are producing. Steinfeld is repped by ICM Partners and Coast to Coast and is set to star opposite Vince Vaughn in crime thriller Term Life.
Hailee Steinfeld In Talks For Straight Edge Punk Adaptation ‘Ten Thousand Saints’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest Film News
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of The Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?
- Andy Bird Exiting As Chairman Of Walt Disney International
- AMC Entertainment Names Wanda Film Group President John Zeng As Chairman