EXCLUSIVE: Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld is in talks to star in Ten Thousand Saints, a feature adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s 2011 novel set in 1980s New York City in the age of CBGB, yuppies and gentrification that culminated in 1988’s Tompkins Square Park riots. Oscar-nominated duo Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini (American Splendor) are attached to direct from their own script. The coming-of-age tale follows Vermont teenager Jude, who moves in with his hippie dad in NYC after his best friend Teddy overdoses. There he falls in with the no drugs, no sex, no meat straight-edge hardcore punk scene of the East Village. Steinfeld will play Eliza, who becomes pregnant with Teddy’s child and leans on his brother Johnny and Jude for support. Celine Rattray, Luca Borghese, and Archer Gray Productions’ Anne Carey are producing. Steinfeld is repped by ICM Partners and Coast to Coast and is set to star opposite Vince Vaughn in crime thriller Term Life.
Hailee Steinfeld In Talks For Straight Edge Punk Adaptation ‘Ten Thousand Saints’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast