EXCLUSIVE: Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld is in talks to star in Ten Thousand Saints, a feature adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s 2011 novel set in 1980s New York City in the age of CBGB, yuppies and gentrification that culminated in 1988’s Tompkins Square Park riots. Oscar-nominated duo Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini (American Splendor) are attached to direct from their own script. The coming-of-age tale follows Vermont teenager Jude, who moves in with his hippie dad in NYC after his best friend Teddy overdoses. There he falls in with the no drugs, no sex, no meat straight-edge hardcore punk scene of the East Village. Steinfeld will play Eliza, who becomes pregnant with Teddy’s child and leans on his brother Johnny and Jude for support. Celine Rattray, Luca Borghese, and Archer Gray Productions’ Anne Carey are producing. Steinfeld is repped by ICM Partners and Coast to Coast and is set to star opposite Vince Vaughn in crime thriller Term Life.
Hailee Steinfeld In Talks For Straight Edge Punk Adaptation ‘Ten Thousand Saints’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Trailer: Blue People Attack Each Other
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?