GSN has ordered eight one-hour episodes of new original series It Takes A Church. Hosted by singer-songwriter Natalie Grant, each episode features members of a Christian congregation playing matchmaker in a competition to help an unattached fellow parishioner find their match. At the end of the competition, the unattached parishioner will decide which suitor to put his or her faith in. The congregant who brought the chosen suitor will win a donation for his/her church. It Takes A Church is scheduled to debut in mid-2014. Authentic Entertainment is producing for GSN, with Tom Rogan and Lauren Lexton serving as executive producers along with Richard Hall (The Amazing Race) of Great Blue Productions. Sean Kelly is consulting producer. GSN has seen huge ratings success with another religious-themed competition show, the Jeff Foxworthy-hosted The American Bible Challenge, its highest-rated original series ever. It returns for Season 3 in 2014.
GSN Greenlights ‘It Takes A Church’
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring