GSN has ordered eight one-hour episodes of new original series It Takes A Church. Hosted by singer-songwriter Natalie Grant, each episode features members of a Christian congregation playing matchmaker in a competition to help an unattached fellow parishioner find their match. At the end of the competition, the unattached parishioner will decide which suitor to put his or her faith in. The congregant who brought the chosen suitor will win a donation for his/her church. It Takes A Church is scheduled to debut in mid-2014. Authentic Entertainment is producing for GSN, with Tom Rogan and Lauren Lexton serving as executive producers along with Richard Hall (The Amazing Race) of Great Blue Productions. Sean Kelly is consulting producer. GSN has seen huge ratings success with another religious-themed competition show, the Jeff Foxworthy-hosted The American Bible Challenge, its highest-rated original series ever. It returns for Season 3 in 2014.
GSN Greenlights ‘It Takes A Church’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot