GSN has ordered eight one-hour episodes of new original series It Takes A Church. Hosted by singer-songwriter Natalie Grant, each episode features members of a Christian congregation playing matchmaker in a competition to help an unattached fellow parishioner find their match. At the end of the competition, the unattached parishioner will decide which suitor to put his or her faith in. The congregant who brought the chosen suitor will win a donation for his/her church. It Takes A Church is scheduled to debut in mid-2014. Authentic Entertainment is producing for GSN, with Tom Rogan and Lauren Lexton serving as executive producers along with Richard Hall (The Amazing Race) of Great Blue Productions. Sean Kelly is consulting producer. GSN has seen huge ratings success with another religious-themed competition show, the Jeff Foxworthy-hosted The American Bible Challenge, its highest-rated original series ever. It returns for Season 3 in 2014.
GSN Greenlights ‘It Takes A Church’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016