GSN has ordered eight one-hour episodes of new original series It Takes A Church. Hosted by singer-songwriter Natalie Grant, each episode features members of a Christian congregation playing matchmaker in a competition to help an unattached fellow parishioner find their match. At the end of the competition, the unattached parishioner will decide which suitor to put his or her faith in. The congregant who brought the chosen suitor will win a donation for his/her church. It Takes A Church is scheduled to debut in mid-2014. Authentic Entertainment is producing for GSN, with Tom Rogan and Lauren Lexton serving as executive producers along with Richard Hall (The Amazing Race) of Great Blue Productions. Sean Kelly is consulting producer. GSN has seen huge ratings success with another religious-themed competition show, the Jeff Foxworthy-hosted The American Bible Challenge, its highest-rated original series ever. It returns for Season 3 in 2014.
GSN Greenlights ‘It Takes A Church’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video