GSN has ordered eight one-hour episodes of new original series It Takes A Church. Hosted by singer-songwriter Natalie Grant, each episode features members of a Christian congregation playing matchmaker in a competition to help an unattached fellow parishioner find their match. At the end of the competition, the unattached parishioner will decide which suitor to put his or her faith in. The congregant who brought the chosen suitor will win a donation for his/her church. It Takes A Church is scheduled to debut in mid-2014. Authentic Entertainment is producing for GSN, with Tom Rogan and Lauren Lexton serving as executive producers along with Richard Hall (The Amazing Race) of Great Blue Productions. Sean Kelly is consulting producer. GSN has seen huge ratings success with another religious-themed competition show, the Jeff Foxworthy-hosted The American Bible Challenge, its highest-rated original series ever. It returns for Season 3 in 2014.
GSN Greenlights ‘It Takes A Church’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series